Saturday, October 28, 2006
- Name: John Thorn
- Location: Catskill, New York, United States
John Thorn wrote his first book 40 years ago and since then has produced dozens more. "Baseball in the Garden of Eden" was published with Simon and Schuster in 2011. The official historian of Major League Baseball, he is editor of "BASE BALL: A Journal of the Early Game," a scholarly annual.
- Mets and Yanks: The Gonfalon Bubble
- Proust's madeleine had no more power than a card l...
- Cardboard Gods
- Even Todd Pratt's walkoff homer didn't yield a wo...
- New York, New York — a Championship Town?
- Forest Hills when the grass was real.
- September Song of a Sports Slug
- MLBAM/MLBPA played legal canon ball and lost. Thi...
- Who Owns Sports?
- What's old is new: vintage baseball.Photograph by...